The Are You Chicken? Wings Competition will be held on Friday, September 23, 2016. Competitors will prepare three (3) categories of wings - BBQ, Open, and Hot. Award winners will be announced Saturday, September 24, 2016, during the awards ceremony.
Times to remember:
12:00 p.m. Cooks Meeting / Box Pick-up (mandatory)
2:00 p.m. First Turn in BBQ Wings
2:30 p.m. Second Turn in Open Wings
3:00 p.m. Third Turn in Hot Wings
Turn in will be held at the Town Hall judging area. Cash prizes will be awarded for first, second, and third place within each category as well as Grand Champion for total cumulative points.
1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $75
3rd Place - $50
Grand Champion - $200
Chef’s Choice Competition!We want to sweeten up the competition! Joining side dishes this year is a dessert option. Side dishes, appetizers and desserts are all eligible to win the Chef’s Choice competition at the Shawnee Great Grillers State Championship! This category will be judged on Saturday after the Sausage turn-in. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Pre-registration is required. Deadline is September 16th
2nd - $50
Side Dish Rules and Regulations
- All side dishes must be made on site within your team’s assigned space; one entry per team.
- You may use any heat source to cook your entry at any time after your team has checked in.
- No meat entries are allowed. Meat can be a part of a recipe.
- The label with your team number must be securely attached to your entry.
- Each team must turn in either (6) separate portions or one large portion with enough for six judges.
- All safe handling of food and sanitation regulations required by KCBS apply to the Chef Choice category.
- Contestants will be asked to identify any known food allergens in their side dish at turn-in.
Call 913.742.6402 with questions or to register!